Social welfare services

Foreign Citizens Advice Centre offers  confidential, impartial and independent advice to people who need it.

Our advice helps people resolve their problems with debt, benefits, employment, housing, discrimination, and many more issues.

We provide face to face visits and call out visits ( at additional costs). We provide service in Latvian, Russian and English languages.

Depending on your particular needs, we may make an appointment with specific organisations and might be attending you to help dealing with your needs. We can assist you in form filling, advice, advocacy, appeals.

  • We can make telephone calls the Department of Social Welfare, such as child support case will help you fight for
    your rights (advocacy)
  • We can help you  on accessing free legal aid
  • We can write letters or make phone calls to Appeals Advocacy or any other Agency or organization
  • We are dealing with Supplementary Welfare Payments
  • Social housing information, Rent Supplement and Housing Assistance Payment ( HAP), House Purchase Loans etc.
  • We help you in the event you lose your job
  •  We provide English conversation classes ( based in Drogheda)
  • “Jobs- club”- CV updates ; job availability, schemes , how to prepare for an interview etc.
  • We can help you  with Starting your own business- consultation, support and assistance, Back to work enterprise allowance scheme. Business Grants. Business plans.